Mutton Raan Roast Recipe by Chef Zakir & Gulzar
Shehanshahi Raan Roast recipe by Gulzar Hussain
Shehanshahi Raan Roast recipe by Gulzar Hussain. This delightful Latest recipe of Shehanshahi Raan Roast can be ready in approximately 30 Minutes and good to serve around 2-4 People. Follow all the steps recommended by Chef to get a perfect dish.
Ingredients of Shehanshai Raan Roast:
- Raan 1
- Papaya paste 1/2 cup
- Yogurt 1/2 cup
- Egg 1
- Gram flour 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder 3 tbsp
- Crushed black pepper 1 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Yellow food color 1 pinch
- Vinegar 1 cup
- Oil 3-4 tbsp
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Lahori salt to taste
Method of Raan Roast:
Put cuts on mutton raan with help of knifes then add in 1 cup vinegar and some lahori salt. Mix everything and put everything on the raan. Wrap plastic over it and keep it for a day. Now take a mixing bowl and add in ½ cup yogurt, 2-3 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp gram flour, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 egg, 1 egg, 1 tbsp crushed black pepper, 1 tsp all spice powder, 1 tsp cumin seed powder, 3 tbsp red chili powder, ½ cup papaya paste, pinch of yellow food color and 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste. Mix everything together and make a paste. Put the paste on the raan and keep it for 2-3 hours. Put the raan in the pan and keep it on the slow flame for 25- 30 minutes to steam it. Put the steamed raan in the oven tray and bake it for 25- 30 minutes at 200c. brush ½ cup butter while baking. When the color changes dish it out and serve hot.
another, Lamb Raan Roast Recipe :
If you like your roast a little spicier and richly flavored, then this is just the recipe for you. Mutton or lamb leg is marinated in yogurt, tamarind and spices. You can bake it in an oven or cook it in a large pan.
> Leg of lamb medium size
> teaspoon salt
> teaspoon chili powder (lal mirch powder)
> teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
> 6Cloves (laung)
> 2-3 Black cardamom (kali/baRi ellaichi)
> 2 inches Cinnamon stick (dar chini)
> 4-5 seeds Tamarind (imli)
> Nutmeg (jaiphal)
> 1 teaspoon cumin seed (sabat/safaid zeera)
> 1 teaspoon whole black pepper (sabat kaali mirch)
> 2 medium Tomatoes
> sesame seeds for garnishing (til)
Method to Make Roast of Lamb – Method of Raan Roast Recipe
1. Make deep cuts on boht sides of the leg of lamb so that all the spices are penetrated deep in the meat otherwise only salt will be absorbed and meat will not get flavor of rest of the spices.
2. usually it takes hours in making leg roast but this method takes only 20-25 min and a very appetizing juicy and tasty leg roast is prepared.
3. Add all of the whole and ground spices, whole tomatoes, yogurt and little water and give pressure for as long as routinely your cooker takes for cooking meat, also
add water according to your cooker’s requirement; added cup of water.
4. After opening it stir and cook till the water is dried, with in few mins the gravy will stick to the meat and oil will be separated, at that time it is ready to go in the oven.
5. Set it in a baking tray, pour on it the thick gravy/oil remaining in the pressure cooker, sprinkle some sesame seeds and then bake it on high heat just for a short while approximately 10-15 minutes. this will give it a glazed look, browning it is not the intention.
serve with yogurt, Chattni and Naan…… enjoy this eid 🙂
IMPORTANT NOTES to b Remember:
1. size of raan is important , it should fit in the cooking pot.
2. the time and water a pressure cooker needs to cook meat depends on the type of meat and pressure cooker, some cookers take more water and time and some take less.
3. mashed or fried potatoes can also be served with this dish.
4. If you don’t have a pressure cooker then its important you buy small size leg of a relatively younger lamb, cover the pot 90% on medium heat and cook with 2-3 cups of water.
5. if you don’t have an option of baking it in the oven, take a large pot and put a smaller lid in it and put this leg of lamb on it and cook for 10-15 min, if this is also not possible then just dry roast the sesame seeds and sprinkle them on top of the cooked meat in the serving dish.
6. the purpose of baking is not to give a brown color to it but it gives it a glazed look.
Raan Roast Recipe method in Roman Urdu & Hindi
Mutton Raan Roast Recipe in English – Raan Roast Recipe Urdu
Bananay Kay Ajza:
Mutton Ran – Adha Kilo
Hara Kacha papeta – 1 Chaye ka chamcha
Adrak , Lehson ka past – 2 Chaye k chamchy
Souse – 2 Khane k chamcy
Namak – 1 Chaye ka chamach
Garam masala – 2 chaye k chamach
Tail – Hasb.e.zarorat
Pani – Hasb.e.zarorat
Bananay Ki Tarkeeb: Method How to Roast Raan
Sb se pehle ran ko achi tarah dho kr goodh lain , churi se is per dono taraf se achi tarah kat laga lain.
Ab Pani main tamam masaly aur kacha papeta achi tarah mix kr lain aur in masalo ko ran main khoob mal kr dahi laga kr dobara achi tarah goodh lain ta k masaly is main khoob achi tarah mix ho jay aur phr 6 se 7 ghanto k liay ran ko para rehne dain .
Ab aik gril k Pre-heat krain aur darmiyani anch per is ran ko dono taraf se surkhi mail bhonain aur se check kr lain k wo gal gai hai ab is ran special to payaz , tamatar , haray dhanye se garnish kr k server karain .
Note : Beef ran bhi isi tarah bany ga .